Thursday, February 27, 2020

So long, farewell, auf wiederseh’n, goodbye….


I leave you with an earworm from The Sound of Music as you read this post

After 14 amazing months of hard work and plenty of laughter, the time has come for me to leave Limina and finally start my own career as a social worker specializing in play therapy.  Today is my last official day and it's rather bittersweet.  At 48 year’s old it’s high time to follow my calling and passion!


I leave my work and my colleague/boss/darling friend with all the love in the world knowing we are both ready to part ways after building the base of our business together.  I say ‘our’ because I will always have a vested interest in Limina and in Isabel’s journey. 

I read an article recently written about the late Kobe Bryant.  For those who do not know who he was, he was a basketball player in the NBA playing for the LA Lakers and father to 4 daughters.   He was also a man of excellence who worked incredibly hard.  He speaks about his 4:00am.   The American public got to watch his games and his brilliance and talent.  But every day they slept soundly while he was up at 4:00am training hard and complimenting his talent with hard work and dedication.   His death was a big loss to so many.

Our courses are amazing.  Just next level excellence and super engaging and exciting.  I cannot imagine a single teacher who would complete one of our edtech courses and not be crazy inspired which their pupils will ultimately benefit from being crazy inspired too!   And guess who is up at 4:00am working insanely hard to make sure they are excellent and deadlines are met? No, not me!  Isabel, of course!

Limina is committed to being part of the change in education in South Africa working closely with the Department of Education.   Our courses are CAPS aligned and language and literacy is woven into subject matter like hidden veggies in a kids’ pasta.   They learn in all areas, the content of the subject, in the utilization of the incredible free edtech tools out there and they advance the crucial element of language and reading in every single subject.     

Limina courses are currently mostly in the Western Cape but not for long.  Isabel is off to Gauteng soon and the other departments around South Africa are hearing rumblings of how great our courses are and we will cover province by province transforming the way teachers teach and engage with their pupils.  In 2019 we had less than half of the grade ones passing matric 12 years after they started school in 2008.  This is going to change and it has been amazing to be part of that change.   Part of the solution.

Limina is going to continue to grow and thrive and I will always be proud of my time as one of the Limina rock stars.    I am going to use my social work degree I worked so hard at for 6 long years.  I have found my own 4:00am and I will do all it takes to get my play therapy practice going continuing to work on the same principles Isabel and I shared in the fairly brief time we worked together.  Excellence, fun, passion, hard work and lots of laughter.



So long, farewell, auf wiederseh’n, goodbye 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and all the very best with your new 4am. I know that you do everything with 1000% of yourself so you are going to ace this, as you do everything! xxx

    ReplyDelete